Sunday, October 21, 2007

GOP debate

Ok, no surprise to anyone that knows me that I am a Republican. If you're a Democrat and make a comment that is anti-GOP than well I don't care, because you're wrong. But watching this debate, despite all the kiss-ass and what have you that is present in all debates from both parties, this was by far the best debate so far. And the thing is I respect the hell out of a lot of the men on that stage. Quite a few of them are not just a face that smiles for the camera and kisses babies, but are actually really respectable, GOOD men. McCain, Rudy, Mitt, Huckabee. Those are GOOD men. There is pretty much no question about that. But a good man does not always make the best president. So let's see how they did.

McCain: Very well. Most polls, news stations, hell probly other GOP sources will disagree. But he shows what a good man with a strong background can do. He stepped up his performance and I thought did awesome. He shows that yes he is for a troop surge (something that I 100% agree with, but is not inherently positive.) His exact quote: "I would rather lose an election than lose a war" shows why I like and support him and why he probly won't win, even if his election would be a great step for this country.

Rudy: Look, Rudy has had personal problems. And his "cell phone answer" the other day was grimace-worthy. And he is more left-wing than I am. But I realize that not everyone is as right-wing as I am. He would be great as a president. I truly believe that. He is showing why the Clinton getting a BJ from Monica was a big problem. And that is extremely ironic, but let me explain: Clinton lying about his personal life was representative of other problems from his administration. He was untruthful with the country, and basically fucked our military by being weak on people trying to kill us (pulling out of Mogadishu anyone?), why glossing it over and putting a pretty face on things by taking credit for stuff Reagan put in practice. He looked to please people while not actually trying to lead us in the right direction. And that's why (pre-cell phone call) I liked Rudy. He said basically, I fucked up in my personal life but that is not at all representative of how I would lead the country, and he showed that while he led NYC. His performance today was much better in that he showed that yes I am human (whereas he used to deny it), BUT I am a better leader than I have been in my personal life. I liked his performance, but it wasn't great enough to get elected.

Mitt: Mitt, Mitt, Mitt. You are my frontrunner. What happened man? You would probly be the best president of all the people running for president. You would be one of the best presidents of the past 20 years. But did get drunk last night? Are you hungover? What happened. I did not like Mitt's performance today. He almost fell into "Clinton syndrome" and just put a smiling face next to issues that require a real honest answer. I wasn't impressed with his performance. Though if he rebounds he will probly still be my frontrunner.

Huckabee: Oh, Huckabee. You win the debate tonight. You are what I would've been like tonight. But there is no way in fuck-all you will win vs. the "Inconvenient Truth" believing public that is the uneducated portion of the USA. I loved your answers and your poise and comfortability with difficult issues. You are a good man, and I salute you and wish you could be president, but it would never happen.



BTW, I about 95% of the time try to avoid political thoughts, and I apologize this slip up. But I felt like it needed to be said and next post I'll go back to the BS.