Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Dog owning uncle who's not going to the World Series

I'm getting my dog on Saturday! I won't be playing cards online for a while (my recent winnings are actually going to help pay for all the crap I need to do for him), and definitely won't be going out for a while, to be able to afford to get a puppy (not to mention due to training him), but he's already the most badass dog ever and I haven't even seen him yet. He fucking rules. And yeah, still sticking by the name "Daly." Which translates to "advisor" (read a few posts down to get the whole story on the name... although I just recently discovered "Daly" and "Daley" mean two different things, and "Daly" is the correct spelling). And if my parents give me any grief for getting a dog so soon (not that it's really their place), I can counter with this gem: OH YEAH?! WELL YOUR OTHER SON IS HAVING A CHILD! That's right kiddos, I'm going to be an uncle. How sweet ass sweet is that?! I'm going to spoil the hell outta that kid. Although the great part about being an uncle is that I don't have to change his diapers. And Daly's going to be like 17-18 lbs when he's full grown, so when he's potty training he's gonna take tiny shits. I hate cleaning up shits.

Btw, if you got World Series tickets, I hate you. You know how there were 8.5 million hits yesterday and however many million today for people trying to get tickets? Yeah my office was responsible for about 7 million of those. And no one in the office got tickets. I never saw this kind of rush for tickets when they were 10 games below .500. What gives?

Will post more later (especially after I get Daly), but for now I have to go to bed. Had a long day of accounting, with more of the same tomorrow.

(btw, I realize my blogs so far haven't been as good as they were this summer (when I was doing fuck-all all day). Trust me, once I get back in the swing of things, they'll return to the quality of "Job Interviews Make Me Hate Francis Ford Coppola." That was my favorite post so far. I'm funny.)